Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in domain analysis and design, hands-on application development and testing, code and design reviews
- Assist in analyzing and troubleshooting issues and defects in environments as well as performance or design inefficiencies.
- Following best practices for development such as continuous integration,unit and integration testing and code coverage analysis.
- Joining a SCRUM team and following agile patterns and methodology
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and tools being used to improve software development and delivery.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- A degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 2+ years of software development with Android
- Knowledgeable about the full life-cycle of software development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation strongly preferred.
- General consulting skills including analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication and team collaboration a plus
- Experienced with JSON and XML
- Experienced with RESTful Web Services
- Familiarity with relational database design and sql
- Familiarity using source control and build tools (Git and Gradle a plus)
- Familiarity with relevant google libraries, such as Gson and Volley, a plus
- Familiarity with ticketing/bug tracking systems like Jira a plus
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, especially on Android, a huge plus
- Familiarity developing with IDEs, especially Android Studio or IntelliJ, a plus
- Passion and interest in Android and other Google technologies a plus